As more of us live longer, we face a powerful opportunity to reimagine healthcare in ways that help us remain active and vital in our homes and communities. At Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP), we believe that we need to re-engineer a whole range of programs and policies to better serve the growing numbers of people with chronic conditions and overcome the training limitations of today’s healthcare workforce.
CNHP’s new AgeWell Collaboratory serves as a center without walls to bring together researchers, community-based organizations and educators to disrupt the traditional healthcare system’s approach towards caring for older adults in order to pave the way for new, proven strategies that improve healthy aging across the lifespan.
The AgeWell Collaboratory is developing innovative approaches to:
- Prepare clinicians in all disciplines and at all levels to address the needs of a diverse and growing older patient population;
- Generate and test novel solutions for enhancing the everyday life of all of us as we age; and
- Disseminate new, evidence-based knowledge and care models via community engagement strategies and a wide range of professional outlets.
There are a number of ways to be part of the AgeWell Collaboratory.
Please email Kate Clark at email@example.com if you are interested in learning about any of the opportunities below.
For Faculty, Staff & Students
- The Collaboratory’s Cell2 Society Research Network, led by RoseAnn DiMaria-Ghalili, PhD, is comprised of scholars from a variety of disciplines—biology, nursing, biomedical engineering, architecture and public health. Members are nationally and internationally recognized researchers engaging in scholarship from “cell to society.” Their wide-ranging expertise reflects the biology of aging, theragnostics, dementia care, sleep and chronobiology, symptom science, self-care strategies, exercise, nutrition and creative arts therapies.
- The AgeWell Student Network (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a newly-formed group of students led by emerging leaders from the College of Nursing and Health Professions.
For Professionals and Older Adults in the Community
- AgeWell is a way to learn about CNHP’s Nurse Practitioner Geriatrics certificate and our new Geriatrics Physician Assistant certificate. We are also designing continuing education modules to build professional capacity around aging issues, such as dementia.
- AgeWell Organizational Partners are community-based agencies serving older individuals and their families. Members include healthcare providers city government, community agencies, industry partners and policy makers. Together, the agencies guide and participate the work of the Collaboratory.
Laura N. Gitlin, PhD, FGSA, FAAN
Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Professions
Kate Clark, MPA
Director of Community Partnerships
Director of Strategic Initiatives for the College of Nursing and Health Professions
For more information, please contact us at: AGEWELL@Drexel.edu