Westphal BRIDGE Scholars Program
A community of creative scholars
The Westphal College of Media Arts & Design has established a new BRIDGE Scholars Program to enhance the success of underrepresented minority and first-generation students by creating a comprehensive learning community for future leaders. The program is modeled after Lebow College's successful BRIDGE (Build Relationships in Diverse Group Experiences) Program - created in 2012 to foster a sense of belonging, engagement, and empowerment for Drexel students.
The Westphal BRIDGE Scholars Program cultivates a welcoming, inclusive community through workshops, activities, and resources aimed to increase the graduation rates of underrepresented minority and first-generation students in the Westphal College by focusing on:
- Academic Achievement: Students will be provided with individualized academic support and intentional interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure persistence and graduation.
- Community Engagement: Students will participate in service-learning opportunities in the local community and abroad. Students will also serve as peer mentors to other students within the College.
- Career Capital: Students will learn how to develop career capital via workshops, industry-specific career fairs, speaker engagements, and networking opportunities with prominent alumni and industry professionals.
- Holistic Support: Students will engage in activities that promote positive self-care, mental health, and personal well-being.
- Dedicated Staff: The Westphal BRIDGE Scholars Program is managed by staff committed to the success of underrepresented minority and first-generation students in the College.
The Westphal BRIDGE Scholars Program is open to incoming first-year students starting in fall 2020. To apply for the BRIDGE Scholars Program, click here. Questions about the application process? Contact Denise Marie Snow, Westphal BRIDGE Program Director, at email@example.com.
Join the movement & give!
Interested in supporting the Westphal BRIDGE Scholars Program? Click here or contact Nikolas Kozel, Executive Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.