Accelerated BA/BS+JD Program
Drexel's accelerated BA/BS+JD program enables high-achieving high school students interested in the law to shave a year off their total education and earn their bachelors and law degrees in one year less than those from a more traditional program. Because of the rigorous academic demands of this program, admission is limited to high-achieving incoming first-year students. Throughout their time as undergraduates, BA/BS+JD students will participate in a variety of enrichment activities designed to confirm their interest in the law. They will meet regularly with the program director and have access to a variety of resources to help ensure success in college and law school.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To continue in the BA/BS+JD program, students must:
- Maintain satisfactory progress (as defined by their academic advisor) toward completing their undergraduate coursework in three years.
- Maintain the cumulative GPA agreed upon in the signed contract, including courses taken at other institutions, of at least 3.45 on a 4.0 scale. Students will be evaluated at the end of their second year of study and at the end of each term thereafter.
- Take the LSAT no later than November of their final year of undergraduate study; register for the Law School Admission Council's Credential Assembly Service no later than October of their final year of undergraduate study.
- Actively participate in Pre-Law and BA/BS+JD activities as required by the program director.
Current students in the program should consult their program contract for specific requirements. Any student failing to meet program requirements may be removed from the program at the discretion of the program director. Any student removed or withdrawn from the program will be required to complete their final year of undergraduate studies to finish all remaining requirements for graduation within their school/major in order to attain their degree.
Admission to the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
Students admitted to the program are guaranteed admission to the Thomas R. Kline School of Law, so long as they comply with all program requirements and meet the minimum law school admission criteria described in the contract to be signed upon entry in the program. To be admitted to Drexel's Kline School of Law, students must:
- Earn a LSAT score that meets or exceeds the Kline School of Law's current LSAT median (as determined by point of entry into the undergraduate program).
- Earn at least the cumulative undergraduate GPA stipulated in their contract as calculated by the Law School Admission Council.
- Complete all required Kline School of Law application materials.
- Comply with all Kline School of Law character and fitness requirements.
- File a binding Kline School of Law application no later than December 1 of the final year of undergraduate study.
- Complete all undergraduate coursework before the beginning of the Kline School of Law orientation.
- Comply with all other Kline School of Law admission requirements.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
The office is closed daily from 12 p.m.–1 p.m.