The Amgen Scholars provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on summer research experience at some of the nation's leading educational institutions and a few international universities.
As Amgen Scholars, students will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in important university research projects; gain hands-on lab experience and contribute to the advancement of science;
- Interact with and receive guidance from faculty mentors, including some of the nation's top academic scientists; and
- Attend scientific seminars, workshops and other networking events.
Students may apply as sophomores (with four quarters or three semesters of college experience), juniors or non-graduating seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue undergraduate studies). Applicants must also have an interest in pursuing a PhD or an MD-PhD.
For the full list of host institutions, please visit the Amgen Scholars website
Last updated October 2017
Fields of Study:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Premier institutions in the US and Japan
- Professional Opportunity
- US Citizen
- US National or Permanent Resident