2023-24 Aspire Scholars Application
Applications for the 2023-24 Aspire Scholars program are now open! Applications are due on Monday, October 16 at 5:00pm. Email email@example.com with questions.
The Aspire Scholars program is designed to provide promising, curious, and motivated Drexel undergraduates an opportunity to further develop and clarify their goals, within a small community of peers and with guidance from faculty, staff, and alumni.
Scholars attend monthly group meetings to develop mentoring goals, craft strategies for identifying and building successful mentoring relationships, and reflect on professional and career development plans. Additional monthly events include independent activities and discussions with invited guests. Through small group meetings and individual advising, Scholars gain the tools and opportunities to clarify professional goals, engage more deeply on and off campus, and gain confidence in their abilities to build deeper personal and professional relationships.
- Funding of up to $750 for student selected academic + professional development opportunities
- Individual advising and guidance on goals and academic enrichment opportunities
- Special events and meetings with successful alumni and other invited guests
- Skill-building activities and assignments around networking, cultivating mentorship, and personal strategic planning
- Recognition and membership in a selective cohort of peers
- Invitation to support future Aspire Scholars as peer mentors during their remaining years at Drexel.
Scholars are expected to:
- Participate in all program activities, including monthly meetings (starting at the end of the Fall Term) and monthly assigned tasks
- Propose and participate in an approved professional development activity
- Reflect on program-related activities, outcomes, or impacts at the end of the program year
Who Should Apply?
- Year: Sophomores during the program year
- GPA: 3.3 or higher
- College or Major: any departmental major
- Evidence of commitment to and engagement in areas of interest
- Desire to clarify and take steps toward realizing longer-term goals
- Show intellectual curiosity, thoughtfulness, and openness to new ideas
*First generation college students are encouraged to apply.