Applications for the 2021-22 cohort are open September 7-October 4.
See below for details and apply here.
The Aspire Scholars program is designed to provide promising, curious, and motivated Drexel undergraduates an opportunity to further develop and clarify their goals, within a small community of peers and with guidance from faculty, staff, and alumni.
Scholars attend monthly group meetings to develop mentoring goals, craft strategies for identifying and building successful mentoring relationships, and reflect on professional and career development plans. Additional monthly events include independent activities and discussions with invited guests. Through small group meetings and individual advising, Scholars gain the tools and opportunities to clarify professional goals, engage more deeply on and off campus, and gain confidence in their abilities to build deeper personal and professional relationships.
- Funding of up to $750 for student selected academic + professional development opportunities
- Individual advising and guidance on goals and academic enrichment opportunities
- Special events and meetings with successful alumni and other invited guests
- Skill-building activities and assignments around networking, cultivating mentorship, and personal strategic planning
- Recognition and membership in a selective cohort of peers
- Invitation to support future Aspire Scholars as peer mentors during their remaining years at Drexel.
Scholars are expected to:
- Participate in all program activities, including monthly meetings (starting in November) and monthly assigned tasks
- Propose and participate in an approved professional development activity
- Reflect on program-related activities, outcomes, or impacts at the end of the program year
Who is it for?
- Year: Sophomores during the program year
- GPA: 3.3 or higher
- College or Major: any departmental major
- Evidence of commitment to and engagement in areas of interest
- Desire to clarify and take steps toward realizing longer-term goals
- Show intellectual curiosity, thoughtfulness, and openness to new ideas
*First generation college students are encouraged to apply.
Step 1. *Nomination (optional)
Before the application opens, Drexel faculty, staff, and former Aspire Scholars may nominate students to apply through August 27th, 2021. Students may nominate themselves in order to be notified when the application opens.
All students must submit a brief application to be considered for the program. The application asks for basic student information, an upload of your resume, and short questions about your goals, interests, and activities. Apply by midnight on October 4th to be considered.
Step 3. Interview
A select group of students will be invited to interview as finalists in mid October. Individual interviews will take place remotely via Zoom with a small panel of staff and faculty. For 2021-22, up to 15 Scholars will be invited to be a part of the program, which will start in November of 2021.
*Please note that a nomination is not required for a student to be eligible, and will not affect the outcome of their application. Rather, it provides encouragement for these students to apply and allows us the ability to better reach eligible and deserving students when the application opens.
For questions regarding the program, nomination, or application process please email Martha Meiers at email@example.com.