Programs, Events, and Opportunities
First Forward hosts a variety of events each year for first-generation students, faculty, staff, and their allies. Some examples of our regular events are below:
Programs and Events
- Fall Mixer: This is an opportunity for students, faculty, and staff who are first-generation college students to come together informally for conversation and networking.
- National First-Gen Day: November 8 honors the anniversary of the signing of the Higher Education Act of 1965 to open higher education to minorities and those from low-income backgrounds. Drexel celebrates by hosting a week-long series of events.
- Lunch and Learn Series: An ongoing series of lunchtime round-table discussions open to all interested students, faculty, and staff. Previous topics have included "What I Wish I knew about Academics" and "What I Wish I knew about Life on Campus."
- Spring Welcome Back Mixer: Held at the beginning of spring quarter and intended to give students returning from co-op an opportunity to connect or reconnect to First Forward, this mixer is open to all Drexel students, faculty, and staff.
- Graduation Celebration: An opportunity to recognize the graduation of first-generation seniors and graduate students.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Current Drexel students can join the Dragon's First student organization.
First-Generation College Celebration
First-Generation students, faculty, and staff are all invited to the annual "First-Generation College Celebration".
Date: November 9
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Creese Student Center
Hosted by First Forward, The Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship, and Dragons First, the event will include refreshments, give-aways, and a button-making station!
There are currently no events scheduled.