Graduate Certificate in Project Management
Graduate Certificate in Project Management Overview
Are you ready to take the next big step in your career and become a leader in your field? A Graduate Certificate in Project Management provides you with the skills that are crucial in developing new technologies, implementing innovations, increasing resource productivity, and generating successful project outputs.
Students in our program earn a Graduate Certificate in Project Management for a variety of professional reasons. Most often our students:
- Already have a master's and need advanced education in project management
- Are new to project management and need education in the topic, but do not seek a full degree
- Have been in the industry and need a specialized education to take on more advanced and challenging projects
Why Pursue a Graduate Certificate in Project Management at Drexel Goodwin?
Drexel University's Graduate Certificate in Project Management allows you to earn a graduate-level credential in this growing area of expertise without pursuing a full degree. Our Graduate Certificate in Project Management is offered entirely online, giving you the flexibility to study while continuing your career. The program—which is financial aid eligible—is 16.5 credits and can be completed in as little as one year.
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management is a valuable credential that provides you with the opportunity for career advancement and competitive positioning as a qualified, strategic, and thoughtful leader. Our Graduate Certificate in Project Management will also help you pursue the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® or Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® — the world's leading professional membership association for the project management industry.
Whether you are already working as, or hope to become a project team member, project manager or program manager, our Graduate Certificate in Project Management can help you reach your goals.
Graduate Certificate in Project Management Courses
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management consists of 16.5 credits or six courses (five required and one elective) that are derived from the MS in Project Management program. The elective allows you to choose a course that suits your personal and professional interests.
- PROJ 501: Introduction to Project Management
- PROJ 502: Project Planning & Scheduling
- PROJ 510: Project Quality Management
- PROJ 515: Project Estimation & Cost Management
- PROJ 601: Project Leadership or PROJ 602: Project Teamwork
Select one of the following:
- PROJ 520: Project Risk Assessment & Management
- PROJ 530: Managing Multiple Projects
- PROJ 535: International Project Management
- PROJ 540: Project Procurement Management
- PROJ 645: Project Management Tools
- PROJ 650: Project Stakeholder Management
- PROJ 665: Managing Project Knowledge
Other graduate-level courses, with approval of student's academic advisor and the Graduate Certificate in Project Management program (must be 500-level or higher) can be applied.
How to apply for the Graduate Certificate in Project Management
We accept applications for consideration for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Project Management in the fall and spring quarters.
Current Drexel students and alumni interested in the Graduate Certificate in Project Management should contact Mercedes Moultrie, Program Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.571.3939 for information about how to join the program.