How to Apply for Financial Aid
There are several different ways to apply for financial aid depending on what type of student you are. Below are the steps that outline the process:
If you are thinking of applying to Drexel or have applied for admission and are also interested in applying for financial aid, please review the Financial Information for Prospective Students page.
Continuing students should take the following steps to apply for financial aid for subsequent years of their enrollment.
- Review the Financial Aid Allocation page to understand how financial aid is disbursed in all years of a program.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year of their program. View information about completing a renewal FAFSA and deadlines.
- There may be additional requirements or steps that students must complete before their financial aid can be completed for an upcoming year. Students should check the "Billing + Financial Aid" tab in DrexelOne to determine if they have additional requirements to complete.
- Review terms and conditions to ensure that all requirements for financial aid eligibility are met.
- The Office of Financial Aid will review students' eligibility for merit scholarships automatically; if a student is determined to be not meeting the requirement for a scholarship or award, the student will be notified.
- Private scholarships typically require separate applications that are submitted directly to the organization offering the award. Tools for finding private scholarships can be found on the Non-Drexel Scholarships page.
Accept or Decline Federal Work-Study Funding and/or Loans
The process for receiving Federal Work-Study (FWS) and/or federal loan funding requires that students electronically accept or decline the award(s) offered to them.
To complete this process:
- Log in via DrexelOne.
- Select the "Billing + Financial Aid" tab.
- Select the "View your current and past financial aid eligibility and awards" link in the "Financial Aid Status" channel.
- Select the Aid Year.
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab in the top navigation.
- Select "Awarded" in the second sentence
- Follow the listed information on the page.
Options for Accepting/Declining your FWS and/or Federal Loan Award(s)
Before you accept or decline your award(s), you should ensure that you understand the requirements for the Federal Work-Study funding and/or federal loan award(s) offered to you.
Please note that you are only required to accept or decline Federal Work-Study and loan awards. All other awards are automatically accepted.
Options for Accepting/Declining Your FWS and/or Federal Loan Award(s):
- Note that you can only accept or decline the amount for the full year even though the term amount is displayed.
- Use the drop-down menu next to each FWS and/or loan award to either accept or decline.
- Once you have selected the "Submit Your Decision" button at the bottom of the screen, you will not be able to change your decision.
- You will remain on this page after you have submitted your decision.