Register for the Drexel Family Portal
Posted on September 07, 2021
An important resource for families of current students is the Drexel University Family Portal, which will help you better understand your student's experience at college. Open to family members of all undergraduate students, the Family Portal provides relevant, up-to-date information about all things Drexel in one central location, as well as pointers and articles about higher education in general. You will even have the ability to request access to view your student's billing information, financial aid, grades, and class schedules.
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), your student will be ultimately responsible for approving or declining access. They will be notified via email once your request is made*. For more information, visit Drexel Central's FERPA page.
Select the button bellow to activate your account and connect with your Dragon community!
Sign Up for the Family Portal
* Please note that access to FERPA protected information is updated in the Family Portal 24 hours after a student approves the request.
Explore Financing Options
Posted on September 07, 2021
There are financing options available for students and families to explore for the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year. Options include:
You can explore more options available to you at the Financing Options page.
Update to 2021-2022 Federal Verification Process
Posted on August 17, 2021
In order to provide relief to students and colleges facing barriers resulting from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Education has decided to re-focus 2021–2022 verification efforts on select criteria. As a result, the department has waived most FAFSA verification requirements, excluding Identity/Statement of Education Purpose and High School Completion Status.
The Office of Financial Aid has started to review which students selected for verification for the 2021–2022 academic year can have their requirement waived based on this update.
Students are encouraged to monitor the status of their financial aid via DrexelOne to ensure they are completing any outstanding requirement needed to finalize their financial aid for the upcoming year.
2021 Pennsylvania Summer State Grant
Posted on May 26, 2021
The 2021 Pennsylvania Summer State Grant application is now available.
In order to be considered for the PA State Summer Grant, students must apply by logging into their Account Access mailbox at the PHEAA website and complete the application. The grant is available to undergraduate students who are also residents of Pennsylvania. For additional details, please visit the Pennsylvania Summer State Grant Program website.
The deadline to apply is August 15, 2021.
2021 Placement Exams
Posted on May 20, 2021
If you are an entering first-year student, you must complete your required placement exams so that Drexel University can develop your fall 2021 course schedule.
- Placement exams assess the prior knowledge a student has and the proficiency a student needs in the subject areas relevant to their chosen major.
- They present an opportunity to tailor-fit a student's first-year courses according to their relative skill level.
- A fall course schedule will not be completed until the student has taken all of their required placement exams.
All placement exams must be completed by the Wednesday, June 30, 2021 deadline.
How to Begin Your Placement Exams
- Log in to DrexelOne.
- Find the Student Checklist on the Welcome tab.
- Expand the checklist item "Placement Exams" to access your required placement exam(s).
- Set aside at least 90 minutes for each required exam.
- Once you start an exam, you cannot stop and restart the exam.
- You can only take each exam once.