2020 Pennsylvania Summer State Grant
Posted on May 11, 2020
The 2020 Pennsylvania Summer State Grant application is now available.
In order to be considered for the PA State Summer Grant, students must apply by logging into their Account Access mailbox at the PHEAA website and complete the application. The grant is available to undergraduate students who are also residents of Pennsylvania. For additional details, please visit the Pennsylvania Summer State Grant Program website.
The deadline to apply is August 15, 2020.
2020 Placement Exams
Posted on May 05, 2020
If you are an entering first-year student, you must complete your required placement exams so that Drexel University can develop your fall 2020 course schedule.
- Placement exams assess the prior knowledge a student has and the proficiency a student needs in the subject areas relevant to their chosen major.
- They present an opportunity to tailor-fit a student's freshman courses according to their relative skill level.
- A fall course schedule will not be completed until the student has taken all of their required placement exams.
All placement exams must be completed by the Tuesday, June 30, 2020 deadline.
How to Begin Your Placement Exams
- Log in to DrexelOne.
- Find the Student Checklist on the Welcome tab.
- Expand the checklist item "Placement Exams" to access your required placement exam(s).
- Set aside at least 90 minutes for each required exam.
- Once you start an exam, you cannot stop and restart the exam.
- You can only take each exam once.
2020–2021 Financial Aid Packages
Posted on April 29, 2020
Financial aid packages for the 2020–2021 academic year for continuing students will be available starting mid-July.
If you have not yet done so, please complete a 2020–2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Current students should review the following information:
Additionally, students should be checking their financial aid requirements via DrexelOne to ensure all requirements for the upcoming year have been completed.
Pass/No Pass Grading for Spring 2020
Posted on April 21, 2020
Drexel University will be offering students the option to select a Pass/No Pass grading option for Spring 2020. Students will be able to opt-in for Pass/No Pass starting April 27, 2020.
There are many factors for students to consider before choosing the Pass/No Pass option for any of their courses, including potential consequences related to Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for financial aid, financial scholarship requirements, overall financial aid, time to degree and academic standing, and postgraduate study requirements and opportunities.
Please review the Pass/No Pass FAQ on the Provost's website for additional details.
Instructions for Selecting Pass/No Pass Option
In order to select the Pass/No Pass Option, students should take the following steps:
- Log into DrexelOne.
- Navigate to the "Academics" tab.
- Select the Register for Courses button in the Registration channel.
- Select the Register for Courses link from the Registration dashboard.
- Select the term in the drop down menu and select continue.
- Select the Schedule and Options tab.
- In the Grade Mode Column, select the link for the section to change from Standard Letter to Pass/No Pass
- After making your selection, select the submit button
You can also view the Student Instructions: Pass/No Pass Grade Option [PDF] for information on selecting this option.
Spring Quarter Updates
Posted on March 16, 2020
As a result of the University's decision to delay the start of the spring quarter, there are several updates to financial and registration information you should be aware of:
Revised Financial and Registration Schedule
- The quarter officially starts on April 6, 2020.
- As a reminder, all classes will be conducted online at the start of the spring term. Your course listings in DrexelOne will still show physical classroom locations; please do not go to any classrooms until instructed to do so.
- Spring quarter financial aid disbursements will take place on March 30, 2020.
- Financial Aid Refunds will start to be processed on March 30, 2020 and continue to be processed daily throughout the first week of the spring quarter.
- If you have not done so already, we strongly encourage you to sign-up for Direct Deposit as soon as possible to ensure your funding is received quicker. Any refund check mailed to a residence hall address may not be retrievable with the closures to campus housing.
- March eBills will be issued on March 19, 2020 with a due date of April 8, 2020.
- Please note that with the closure of the Cashier's Window, no in-person payment options will be available for spring quarter.
- Enrollment Confirmation's for spring will be due on April 12, 2020.
- The Course Add/Drop period will end on April 12, 2020.
- For questions related to changes to VA Education Benefits eligibility, contact the Education Call Center at 1.888.442.4551 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday.
Federal Work-Study for Spring Quarter
- Students who are currently employed under the Federal Work-Study program will be permitted to work remotely, as long as the work-study job responsibilities can be completed remotely.
- It will be the responsibility of the work study supervisor to ensure that the work assigned remotely continues to be completed per Drexel University and Federal guidelines.
Additionally, the Office of the University Registrar will not be able to process paper transcript requests at this time. Paper transcripts include non-digitized archive records. However, PDF delivery options are available for order, and can be ordered anytime. We apologize for the inconvenience of this temporary change in transcript ordering options. If you have any questions please send an email to the Office of the University Registrar at Drexel University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting Drexel Central
Drexel Central's office will be closed for the entire spring quarter. Additionally, the Call Center is closed on Friday, March 20, and will resume normal hours of operation on March 23, 2020.
Drexel Central will still be providing assistance to students during this time. Given limited call center staffing, students and families should utilize AskDrexel as the primary method of communication. Students will also continue to be able to make one-on-one Zoom appointments with Drexel Central representatives via their My Success Team channel in DrexelOne.
Please see the Contact page for more information.
Please monitor the University's Response to Coronavirus page for additional updates.