University Writing Program
Department of English & Philosophy
The University Writing Program (UWP) comprises several interrelated programs designed to support the use of writing as a powerful tool for thinking, inquiry and communication:
- Drexel Writing Center (DWC) helps all members of the Drexel community think through and develop their writing projects, primarily through one-on-one consultations with Peer and Faculty Readers and Graduate Writing Consultants.
- Curricular Initiatives supports and develops programmatic writing offerings, including Writing Intensive (WI) courses at Drexel. These offerings are designed to help students practice writing, give them opportunities to use writing as a tool for learning, and introduce them to the writing conventions and practices of particular fields or disciplines. We also work closely with faculty to help them teach writing in their courses.
Members of the UWP frequently consult and collaborate with faculty and staff across the University. Faculty and staff can use the consultation form to request help with writing-related projects or issues such as:
- Using and teaching writing in your courses
- Incorporating writing goals into your syllabus/course plan
- Creating informal writing assignments to support student learning
- Revising or creating major writing assignments, or developing strategies for response to student writing
- Developing writing workshops tailored to your students' needs
The UWP can also meet and work with programs (or attend faculty meetings) to discuss how writing can work cohesively within an entire unit.
Request a consultation