Complementary and Integrative Health Recorded Virtual Open House
This evidence-based program provides health care professionals with the tools to assess, guide, and evaluate patients by merging complementary and integrative health practices into the framework of conventional clinical practice. Coursework explores topics such as phytomedicine, functional nutrition, and mind/body modalities, providing a solid foundation in core competencies, as well as a theoretical basis for applying these practices.
Graduates will be eminently positioned as leaders in this specialty field in roles such as:
- Hospital Administrators
- Integrative Health Care Practitioners
- Program Developers
- Courses taught by integrative health care practitioners and internationally-recognized leaders in the field
- Congruent with the educational standards set forth by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) and meets the core competencies of the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health*
- Available entirely online
American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation, Inc. has endorsed Drexel University’s Complementary and Integrative Health Master's and Certificate Programs, which allows graduates of these programs to sit for the nationally accredited board certification in holistic nursing.
What is the Complementary and Integrative Health (CIH) / Integrative Health or Wellness (IHW) Coaching Pathway Program?
Students from Drexel University’s online MS in Complementary and Integrative Health degree program are eligible to apply and concurrently enroll in the University of Arizona's Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine (AWCIM) Integrative Health & Wellness Coaching (IHW) certification program. The concurrent completion of the AWCIM IHW coaching program can count toward the 9 elective credit requirement for the Drexel MS in Complementary and Integrative Health program. The AWCIM IHW Coaching program is approved by the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaching. Graduates of Drexel’s MS in Complementary and Integrative Health in combination with the AWCIM IHW Coaching program would then be eligible to sit for the national exam. If you are interested in this option, you may either answer the related questions on the Drexel MS in Complementary and Integrative Health application or you can let your academic advisor know of your interest. Learn more about the program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has a compliance process that may be required for every student. Some of these steps may take significant time to complete. Please plan accordingly.
Visit the Compliance pages for more information.
August 22, 2022
- Open to licensed health care professionals from a variety of disciplines, including:
- Nurses, physician’s assistants, psychologists, women’s health practitioners, members of oncology organizations, clinical nutritionists, and couple and family therapists
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in a health-related field
- GPA of 3.0 or above on all previous coursework
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our supporting document submission guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- Personal Statement
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- Additional requirements for International Students
Tuition: Information on Tuition can be found here.