Tuesday, April 19, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Drexel University celebrates Earth Day and the University's commitment to environmental sustainability with its annual EarthFest. This year's block party-style celebration will be held along Lancaster Walk and at the Gateway Garden, spanning 32nd and 34th streets and Market and Arch streets. This annual event showcases University stakeholders, local businesses and organizations with "green" initiatives. EarthFest is free and open to the University community.
This event includes:
- Games, prizes and giveaways;
- Free food;
- Tree planting ceremony at 11:30 a.m. (on Lancaster Walk, closer to 34th Street);
- Clothing swap – refresh your wardrobe and reduce clothing waste;
- Reusable drink sleeve design contest for students;
- Sustainability-oriented student organizations;
- Representatives from local businesses and restaurants;
- Research, information and demonstrations from organizations and institutions focusing on sustainability, including the Academy of Natural Science’s Delaware River Watershed Initiative and EcoReps;
- Biking resources, including Drexel Bike Share and bike registration with Drexel Public Safety; and
- So much more!
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rain date for this event is Wednesday, April 20, to be determined no later than Monday, April 18.