Drexel University is a world-class research and education institution, both part of the fabric of Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley Region and linked to the global research community. We are part of the solution to the climate crisis, too. Our students, many of whom are headed directly into careers where they can have a direct impact on climate and sustainability outcomes, graduate knowing how to be agents of change in their communities. Drexel researchers address climate and sustainability problems from multiple perspectives. And as an institution rooted firmly here in Philadelphia, we work in partnership on climate and sustainability problem-solving with our neighbors.
Drexel's three sustainability dimensions:
- Academic Mission: Drexel's sustainability efforts embedded into the curriculum and in our research practices
- Institutional Investment: Drexel's commitment to being a responsible steward of our land and buildings and to minimizing our impact on the environment through a set of sustainability-conscious business practices
- Civic Impact: Drexel's contribution to solving climate and sustainability challenges in the Greater Philadelphia area
Drexel's climate and sustainability work is animated by a set of core values:
- It is student-driven, both elevating student priorities in planning and programming choices, and engaging students in implementation.
- It is cross-functional and multidisciplinary, and engages the whole university from our academics and research to our business practices and operations.
- It is justice-focused and intersectional, affirming anti-racism and acknowledging inequities in climate and environmental risks.
- It is outward-looking, making Drexel's knowledge resources available to serve the needs of regional partners.