Handshake for Employers
Handshake is the talent platform at Drexel for you to post non-co-op jobs and internships, register for career fairs, share your recruitment events, and request interview schedules. Drexel’s Handshake is used by undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni, from all Drexel colleges, schools, and majors.
Create an Employer Profile
These Handshake instructions will help you create an employer user account, join an existing company or create a new one, and request to connect with Drexel. Once you have requested to connect with Drexel on Handshake, we will review your request.
When reviewing employers for approval, we look for the following:
- Verifiable contact information with at least one point of contact within the organization.
- A clear and complete organization description.
- An active website that clearly relates to your organization and contains helpful information about your company for the potential applicant; website should not be in a pre-launch/beta phase or contain "coming soon" language.
- An email address that matches the domain of the organization's website.
Post a Job
These Handshake instructions outline how to post a job or internship and request that it is visible to Drexel users. Note that approval may take a few days.
When reviewing job and internship postings for approval, we look for the following:
- Positions target majors, programs, and interests of Drexel students and alumni.
- Descriptions are clear, complete, and accurately describe the responsibilities, duties, and qualifications of the role.
- Position locations are included, or it is clearly denoted that it will be virtual.
- Fees are not required for training or participation.
Your internship may be a good fit for Drexel's co-op program, where students engage in major-related, paid professional employment for a duration of six months. Contact email@example.com to see if your position could become a co-op.
Please review Drexel University’s Handshake Policy for Employers before requesting to connect with Drexel on Handshake.
When logged on to your Handshake account, the Help tab at the top contains links to contact the Handshake support team, visit the help center, or view Handshake webinars. The help center is a great place to start if you are having any issues.
If you have questions regarding Handshake, please contact Jillian Clark, assistant director of Employer Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.