Joining the Military
While serving your country is often viewed as an option prior to earning a college-level degree, it is a viable option for any graduate. Upon earning a bachelor's degree (or higher), graduates have the opportunity to join different branches of the military at an officer level. This means that the work they do in the military is more specialized and less entry level. There is typically an initial commitment of four years active duty, but it depends on the service and job.
- Professional/leadership experience
- Advantage for government jobs
- Tuition assistance
- Connect with the branch of service of interest on social media to stay up-to-date on news as well as upcoming events
- Speak with military professionals on campus to gain knowledge of potential careers with your skill set
- Attend career fairs to speak with military branch representatives to explore your options