Effective Date: September 10, 2018
Supersedes: December 1, 2008
Reaffirmed Date: N/A
Correlates to Procedure No.: N/A
Issuing Authority: Provost
Issuing Office: Office of the Provost
PURPOSE AND APPLICATION
The Audit Option provides undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to register for a course for enrichment and/or exploration. No grade is recorded, and no academic credit is earned.
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Audit Option provides students the opportunity to register and attend a course for enrichment and/or exploration without receiving a grade or academic credit.
- Students electing the Audit Option will receive an automatic grade of "AUD". Instructors do not assign a grade during grade submission for students using the Audit Option.
- Registration using the Audit Option is subject to course availability within established enrollment limits. No new course sections will be added.
- An "AUD" grade designation does not apply to the grade point average.
- A course taken using the Audit Option does not satisfy any graduation requirement.
- Credits for courses taken using the Audit Option count toward registered term credits.
Due to pedagogical or other considerations, some courses may not be audited.
Registration for a course using the Audit Option requires approval from both the instructor and the student’s Academic Advisor.
Students may not change switch between the Audit Option and course credit after the close of the Add/Drop period.
- Full-time undergraduate students for the audited course that exceed the term credit limit are assessed tuition on a per-credit basis for credits above the term credit limit.
- Full time graduate students are assessed tuition for the audited course on a per-credit basis.
- Part-time students are assessed tuition for the audited course on a per-credit basis.
ENTITIES AFFECTED BY THIS POLICY
NOTES / CONSIDERATIONS
Students may register for a course using the Audit Option during the course adjustment period with the approval of the course instructor and the student's Academic Advisor who will assist the student in determining whether the Audit Option is appropriate.
- Course Adjustment Period (Definition)
- Course Enrollment
- Credit/No Credit Option
- Granting of Degrees
- Term Credit Limit
- Verifying Enrollment