High School Scholars
Program Hiatus Until Spring 2023
Drexel's High School Scholars program is currently on hiatus while the program undergoes evaluation and reconfiguration to best provide access to college-level coursework for high school students. During the hiatus, only current high school seniors will be permitted to register for courses through the program.
During this time, the Center for Inclusive Education and Scholarship will not be accepting applications for the program. We anticipate re-opening applications in Spring 2023 for the Summer 2023 classes.
About the Program
The High School Scholars Program began in 2004. Since its inception, the
program has accepted over 600 high school students. These students have
taken over 800 classes and earned nearly 2,500 credits. Of students who
take a class through the program, 13 percent enroll at Drexel. As the
program grows, one of our primary goals is to increase the percentage of
student who enroll at Drexel.
What is the High School Scholars Program?
The High School Scholars Program is a highly selective program that allows
high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to register for college
courses — on a space-available basis — at Drexel
University's University City Campus while completing high school.
Applicants must demonstrate the responsibility and maturity expected of
university students and have the approval of their high school guidance
counselor to participate. It is important to note that this is NOT a
dual-enrollment program; the High School Scholars Program does not offer
high school credit through college courses.
The High School Scholars Program provides a number of advantages to
- There is no tuition cost for courses taken through the High School
- High School Scholars have the ability to earn credits toward a future
degree at Drexel, or possibly transfer credits at other
- The High School Scholars Program prepares students for the college
- Drexel University adheres to a 10-week term schedule with Final Exams
occurring during week 11.
- High School Scholars may register for ONE (1) course per term (up to
4 courses per year).
- High School Scholars attend regular University courses with current
full-time Drexel students and must meet the same requirements as
other Drexel students in the class.
- High School Scholars earn college credit for courses completed with a
passing grade and receive an official Drexel University
- High School Scholars must earn a B-grade or better in order to
remain in good standing with the High School Scholars Program.
- No online courses
- No Saturday courses
- High School Scholars can only take courses listed without
prerequisites or specific restrictions
- Scores from Advanced Placement exams or credit earned at other
colleges/universities will NOT count for prerequisites through the
High School Scholars Program
questions about eligibility for certain courses, please contact the High School Scholars Program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.