Office of Inter-College Advising
The Office of Inter-College Advising is responsible for leading university wide academic advising initiatives with the goal of developing strategies that enhance the student academic experience and which helps students to fulfill their educational goals. The Office supports the fundamental mission of academic advisors across campus who provide guidance and support to students navigating curricular and co-curricular subject matter. In addition, the Inter-College Advising team seeks to collaborate across academic units to help create a positive collective impact on the recruitment and retention of Drexel students.
Goals and values include:
- Lead and execute best practices of the academic advising profession.
- Enhance the student educational experience while engaging the student as an active participant.
- Strive to standardize and elevate the undergraduate and graduate academic advising practices across all of Drexel’s colleges and schools through the development of training programs and analytical reporting.
- Build strategic partnerships with schools, colleges and academic units to support individual student case management.
- Facilitate collaborations between advising units and academic support services on campus, especially the Center for Learning and Academic Success Services (CLASS) and Learning Alliance partners.
- Support university wide retention initiatives with the goal of helping to increase the first to second year retention rate among undergraduate students.
- Support university wide retention initiatives with the goal of helping to increase the six-year undergraduate graduation rate.