International Gateway Completion Requirements
To show satisfactory academic progress and continue in the Gateway program, students must meet the following criteria:
Achieve minimum final grades of 75% in all ELC courses to remain in good standing.
- Satisfy attendance requirements as listed in syllabi.
- Achieve a minimum 2.00 GPA in each university course.
- Participate in monthly activities.
- Maintain communication with "community family" and Community Bridge coordinator.
- Complete reflection journals.
- Complete quarterly evaluations.
To successfully complete the Gateway program and matriculate into an undergraduate major at Drexel, students must meet the following criteria:
- Attend at least through the end of the spring term.
- Complete the program by the end of the summer term.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher for humanities and social science majors.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher for science, technology, engineering, and math majors.
- Earn at least a 2.00 in each course required for entering intended major.
- The program director makes final recommendations based on overall student performance.
We are proud of the academic achievements of our students. To ensure quality instruction is maintained and program progression is occurring at the necessary rate, the International Gateway program researches the academic progression of its students through the first year and beyond. Performance data on IELTS and TOEFL iBT, matriculation rates, first-year retention rates, completion rates and GPAs are collected and analyzed each year. The data has been published in research papers and presented at conferences.
Below is a listing of Gateway student success data from previous years.