Drexel English Language Center
The English Language Center at Drexel University offers programs and services to meet the academic, professional and personal needs of adult English language learners. We are fully accredited and look forward to helping you build a foundation for academic and professional success in a diverse, welcoming and supportive environment.
Since the summer of 1989, nearly 10,000 students from more than 100 countries have participated in our exceptional programs and courses. In addition to our Intensive English program, we offer conditional admission programs for undergraduate and graduate students, International Teaching Assistant programs, resources for graduate and undergraduate students, and resources for medical and business professionals. We strive to promote leadership and foster excellence in English language teaching, scholarship, and intercultural understanding.
English Language Center
229 North 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA
215.895.2022 | email@example.com
- Provide the highest quality English language instruction and support services.
- Promote the practice and scholarship of English language teaching in an environment of integrity and respect.
- Foster leadership in the areas of intercultural understanding and global cooperation.
- Prepare and support international students to participate fully in the Drexel University community.
The English Language Center is located on the campus of Drexel University in an urban, residential area just 10 minutes from the heart of beautiful and historic Philadelphia, PA — the first capital of the U.S. and the country's sixth-largest city. Philadelphia is about two hours by car from New York City and Washington, D.C., and a short drive from nearby mountains and seashore. This vibrant city offers a wide range of culinary, cultural, recreational and entertainment experiences.
Why study with us?
- Intensive English program offers 6- and 11-week courses year round for beginner and advanced students.
- International Gateway program for conditional undergraduate admission to Drexel University.
- Weekly activities on campus and in or around the city of Philadelphia.
- Allison Rose Scholarship opportunities for continuing students.
- Conversation Network for language exchange between American and international students.
- Variety of housing options including student residences and homestay.
What we offer
- Small classes and personal attention.
- Instructors with advanced degrees and years of teaching experience.
- Placement test for language level before the start of your program.
- Orientation program before classes start.
- Graduate and undergraduate admission advising for university study in the U.S.
- Certificates for successful completion of each full or half term.
- Leadership training opportunities.