Intensive English Program
Drexel International Gateway
The English Language Center accepts all students who hold a visa category which allows them to legally study in the United States.
Intensive English Program Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years old when your term of study begins.
- Test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) are not required.
- Applicants for the following courses must place into ELC advanced Speaking and Writing levels: Global Business English (GLOBE), STEM, and Media & Design
- You must purchase health insurance from Drexel ELC during your studies.
- Students interested in admission to university programs of study should submit a translated copy of their high school or college transcripts with their ELC application.
International Gateway Requirements
- You must be academically qualified for admission to Drexel University
- Have TOEFL 53-78+ or IELTS 5.0-6.0+
Please see the Admission Criteria page for complete admission requirements.
Please note: Admission to Drexel ELC does not imply or guarantee admission to Drexel University or any other university. However, Drexel ELC can provide information about Conditional Admission programs, including the Drexel International Gateway and Drexel Graduate Preparation. Admission information for all Drexel University graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as resources for prospective students, is available on the Drexel website.