Commencement Ceremonies and Walkthrough Information
Commencement ceremonies are held once a year in June for undergraduate and graduate programs, and in May for Law and Medicine programs.
Detailed information about commencement ceremonies can be found on the official Commencement website.
A student who wishes to attend the commencement ceremony held at the end of the spring term, but who will not have completed all degree requirements by that time, must meet the following criteria to be eligible to be considered a "walkthrough."
You must have the Application to Participate in Commencement Activities signed by your academic advisor, who will verify that you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a full-time undergraduate student who is within 20 credits of completing degree requirements. Requirements must be completed by the end of the summer term.
- You are a part-time undergraduate student who is within 9 credits of completing degree requirements. Requirements must be completed by the end of the summer term.
- You are a master's student who is within 9 credits of completing degree requirements. Requirements must be completed by the end of the summer term.
- You are a doctoral student who is scheduled to defend your thesis or dissertation and will complete your degree requirements by the end of the summer term. In addition, you must obtain the approval of your thesis or dissertation committee as stated in a letter of support from the Supervising Professor, which must be submitted to the Graduate College.
A walkthrough is not considered a degree candidate for the spring term and will not receive a diploma at commencement. Additionally, please note the following conditions:
- A walkthrough is not exempt from final exams.
- The filing of an Application to Participate in Commencement Activities form will cancel an existing Application for Degree for the spring term, if one was filed.
- You cannot apply for your degree and be granted permission to walk in Commencement in the same term. Permission to walk will only be granted to students graduating in a subsequent term.
- You must complete an Application for Degree in DrexelOne for summer term.
- Doctoral students must be registered during the walkthrough term and each successive term until degree requirements are met.
Students should contact their academic advisor to complete the Application to Participate in Commencement Activities.