For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Diploma FAQs

I resolved my financial hold. When can I expect my diploma?

If you have resolved your financial hold after the mailing dates have passed, your diploma will be withheld. We do not receive automatic notifications when students’ resolve holds, so it is your responsibility to contact the Office of the University Registrar regarding the release of your diploma. It can take up to seven business days to confirm that a hold has been removed. Once we have confirmation that the hold has been removed, we will order the diploma.

What are the dimensions/size of my diploma?

All bachelor, master and doctoral diplomas measure 14″ × 11.”

Certificates measure 11” x 8.5″

Doctor of Medicine measure 17” x 14”

Juris Doctor and Master of Laws measure 17” x 14”

When will I receive my diploma?

Diplomas will be mailed eight to ten weeks after degrees are officially awarded by the Office of the University Registrar. International mailing requires an additional one to two weeks.

Will I still receive a traditional paper diploma/certificate now that CeDiploma is available for graduates starting Spring 2022 and forward?

Yes, traditional paper diplomas and certificates will be mailed out 8-10 weeks after degrees are conferred at the end of each quarter/semester. 

I received my diploma, but it is damaged. How can I get a new one?

Original diplomas mailed by the Office of the University Registrar that were received damaged will be replaced free of charge, provided that the Office of the University Registrar is notified within one year of the degree conferral date. Because a student can only have one original diploma per credential awarded, you will be asked to tear your damaged diploma into two pieces and send a photo of the destroyed diploma to

Will my honors designation (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) appear on my diploma?

Honors designations appear on diplomas for undergraduate degrees and juris doctor degrees for those students who meet the requirements.

What name will be printed on my diploma?

When you apply for your degree, you will be asked to verify the name that will appear on your diploma. The current name shown, which represents your legal/birth name in the system, is how your name will appear on your diploma by default. You may select "Current Name" or "Preferred Name" from the dropdown menu. The menu itself will still show current name (your legal/birth name). However, when you select "Continue" you will see the new diploma display name on the next page.

How do I change my name on my diploma?

Current students- If part of your official name is incorrect, you will need to follow the process outlined on the Updating Personal Information page in order to have the option of having it printed on your diploma.


Alumni- You must contact the Office of the University Registrar with your request to change the name on your diploma.

Will my major be printed on my diploma?

The major will not be printed on diplomas. Minors and concentrations do not appear on diplomas.

What is the difference between a replacement diploma and a duplicate diploma?

 A replacement diploma should be ordered when the original diploma has been damaged or lost. A duplicate should be ordered when a second copy is needed.

How do I request a replacement diploma?

You can place an order for a diploma replacement here. There is a fee of $75 plus the cost of shipping. It can take four to five weeks to process the request.  Please see Diploma Information.


Only students are authorized to order a replacement for themselves. Others are not permitted to order on their behalf.


If you have not received your original diploma, do not place an order. Please email the Office of the Registrar for any inquiries about your diploma status.

How do I change the mailing address for my diploma?

          To change your mailing address, follow the steps below:

  1. Log onto your DrexelOne Account
  2. Hover over Account on the top right corner
  3. Click Personal Information
  4. Scroll down to Address
  5. Click Edit under Diploma Address
  6. Enter address and click Update

How do I get my diploma notarized?

Students and Alumni seeking notary services for their Drexel University credential may submit their request via Once the notary request has been approved by the Office of the University Registrar, instructions on how to submit the documents and payment will be provided.

Please be advised that notary services are provided at a cost of $5.00 per document. Payment is only accepted in the form of a check or money order mailed to the Office of the University Registrar:

Office of the University Registrar

3141 Chestnut Street
Mail Stop 89-100
Philadelphia, PA 19104

All apostilles must be submitted directly to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania after notarization has been completed. For more information regarding the apostille process please click here