Applications for the 2023-2024 ELATES fellowship year will open in November!
General Timeline for the 2023-2024 ELATES Application
- Application Opens: November 2022
- Application Closes: February 1, 2023
- Nomination Deadline: February 15, 2023
- Applicants Notified: April 2023
- New Program Launches: May 2023
Please contact ELATES@drexel.edu or 215.895.1883 if you have any questions.
Diversity and Class Selection
The ELATES model for development of senior level leadership competencies requires participants from a broad range of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, and institutions, to build an inclusive learning community within which they can learn from both their differences and similarities. The admissions committees consider many characteristics of candidates, including professional aspiration, achievements and challenges along their pathways to leadership, underrepresented populations in academic fields, and institutional characteristics such as geographic region, private/public status, and mission focus.
Drexel University is committed to equality and we do not discriminate against applicants based on their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or status as a veteran or special disabled veteran.
A strong candidate application presents evidence for leadership potential. This includes:
- Leadership experiences that have included strategic risk-taking.
- A track record of formal and informal professional development, including mentoring and program participation outside their specialty field.
- Rationale for seeking leadership roles and a realistic assessment of likely internal and external leadership opportunities over the five years following the fellowship program.
- Demonstrated commitment to women in leadership, particularly in STEM fields.
Applicants must be nominated by a senior official within their college, school or institution, usually the dean or provost. As part of the application process, they should also secure two recommendations from their direct supervisor and a senior colleague.
Please visit the following pages for more information: