Drexel University's 2021 Convocation Ceremony
Driving Change Through Innovation & Collaboration
October 4, 2021
This message was sent to faculty and staff by the Provost on October 4, 2021.
Join us on October 6 to mark the start of the academic year with Drexel’s historic Convocation ceremony. This is a pivotal moment for the University and for society, as we emerge from one of the most challenging years of our lifetimes. Our speakers will touch on the innovative, inclusive and cross-disciplinary work they’ve been doing — and the unique role that Drexel plays — in addressing challenges related to climate, social injustice, public health, design, technological innovation and more.
- John Fry, President
- Paul Jensen, Executive Vice President and Nina Henderson Provost
- Rabbi Isabel de Koninck
- Sharrelle Barber, Director of the Ubuntu Center on Racism, Global Movements and Population Health Equity and Assistant Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Keynote
- Genevieve Dion, Director of the Center for Functional Fabrics and Professor of Design, Keynote
- Franco Montalto, Climate Year Co-Organizer and Professor of Engineering, Keynote
- Kevin Owens, Chair of Faculty Senate and Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Matthew Shirley, President, Drexel Black Graduate Student Union
- Jarod Watson, Student Body President, Undergraduate Student Government Association
How to Watch
All members of the Drexel community are invited to join us in person or via livestream for this event. Seating will be limited. Regalia is not required. To watch via livestream, tune in to the Provost’s Office website.
Students requiring specific aids or services should contact the Office of Disability Resources directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees requiring specific aids or services should contact the Office of Human Resources at HRdisability@drexel.edu.