computational physics lab
Computational Physics Lab, led by Professor D. Vainchtein, is focused on numerical and analytical methods, space and laboratory plasma, aerodynamics, and fluid mechanics. Active projects include:
- analysis of electromagnetic and plasma data from THEMIS and ARTHEMIS space missions;
- development of analytical and numerical models of acceleration of ions and electrons in the earth magnetosphere;
- description of heat and mass flows in AC and braking systems on high-speed trains;
- numerical optimization of mixing in heart pumps;
- and mixing in Stokes flows.