The Office of Government and Community Relations and Lindy Center for Civic Engagement would like to remind you to vote in the General Election taking place on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.
If you plan to vote by absentee or mail-in ballot, you are encouraged to complete and return your ballot as soon as possible to ensure it is counted. If you can, take it to a ballot drop-off location in your county. You can search drop-off locations at votespa.com.
If you are registered to vote in Philadelphia and plan to vote in person, here is some information to help you make your voting plan:
- In Pennsylvania, the polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- You must vote at the polling place assigned to your division. Your polling place may have changed, so be sure to check your polling location on the PA Voter Services website.
- If you try to vote somewhere other than your assigned location, you may have to cast a provisional ballot.
- If you have not voted in person in Philadelphia in recent elections, please note the city has relatively new voting machines, which you can learn more about at philadelphiavotes.com.
- The Committee of Seventy website has a BYOBallot tool you can use to review the candidates and ballot questions that will appear on your ballot.
- If you requested an absentee or mail-in ballot, have not returned it, and want to vote in person instead, you must bring the entire ballot package – including both envelopes – to your polling place to be voided before you can vote on the machines.
- Remember to wear a mask, maintain social distance from others, and practice good hand hygiene to protect yourself, your fellow voters, and our poll workers!
If you have any questions, you can review additional information and FAQs on the Drexel Votes website. For further assistance, please contact one of Philadelphia's City Commissioners, and if you have any issues on Election Day, the Pennsylvania Department of State Election Day Hotline is 1.877.868.3772.
Voting plays a central role in shaping the government and the future of our country. Thank you for exercising your civic duty!