Health - Campus & Community
5 Things to Know About Nutrition Counseling
Healthy eating is a goal many people share, but it’s undeniably a tough one to attain.
Meeting with a diet expert can answer any nutrition and health question you have. They can offer answers customized just for you and backed by scientific research.
In celebration of National Nutrition Month, here’s a quick list of the ways Drexel Nutrition can help you reach your goals.
1. Location, location, location. Drexel’s nutrition counseling makes it easy to find and choose a dietician, since services are available both on the Center City and University City campuses.
2. It’s affordable. There is no charge for the first three sessions if you are a benefits-eligible employee. After your first three visits, most insurances cover six additional visits at no cost.
3. Even if you are a healthy weight, you could still benefit from nutrition services. Dietitians look at your entire diet. Your weight may be healthy, but you may be missing key nutrients to improve your lifelong health.
4. Nutrition services can help make a good athlete better. Selecting the appropriate sources of fuel for training and recovery can help improve your performance and prevent injury.
5. Drexel dieticians work with all stages of life. Are you tired because you just had a baby, or maybe you are feeling the first signs of menopause? A dietitian can help adjust your diet to assist you in being your best at every phase of your life.
If you’re interested in celebrating National Nutrition Month by taking a serious look at your own diet, set up an appointment with a Drexel nutrition consultant. Appointments can be set up in-person at the Recreation Center on the University City campus or at Parkway Health & Wellness on the second floor of Three Parkway, 1601 Cheery St., on the Center City campus. Additionally, can send an email to email@example.com or call at 215.553.7012.
Compiled by Nyree Dardarian, a registered dietitian at Drexel within the College of Nursing and Health Professions.