For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Frequently Asked Questions

Financial Aid FAQs

How do I receive a refund for living expenses?

Any loan funds which are not needed to cover your bill are refunded at the start of each semester. Electronic Refund is the quickest option. Instructions can be found online.

Funds for the fall semester are scheduled to arrive in the Bursar’s office the week of August 7. Electronic Refunds will be issued to students in 1-2 business days. Please note that refunds send by mail take 2-3 weeks.

Can I have a loan to purchase my computer?

The financial aid office has added the cost of a new computer, $870, to your first year budget. This is a one-time allowance, so the additional cost can be included as part of your loan.

How do I apply for an in-school deferment for my student loans?

Most student loans will automatically go into deferment. The University Registrar will send your name to the National Loan Clearinghouse at the end of August. If your lender doesn’t use the Clearinghouse, our financial aid advisor, Mary de Rivera, will be able to assist with forms after the start of each semester. Until Orientation begins on August 15th, please continue to make any required payments.

Can I decline or reduce a loan?

Yes, you can decline your loan directly from your Drexel One account.

If you would like to accept a lesser amount of a loan, please contact Mary de Rivera at or in room 451 at the law school.

How do I use my Federal Work Study award?

If you are eligible, make sure to accept your award now by logging into your Drexel One account. This will not obligate you, but the funds will be there when an opportunity arises. Be sure to mention the award when you meet with your career advisor or attend career government or nonprofit events in the fall.

Our law school is one of a few institutions running a summer off-campus program. Students have worked after their first year with district attorney offices, judges, or government agency legal departments in our area but also throughout the US. Non-profit legal clinics, hospital legal offices, and organizations like the Innocence Project have also offered invaluable experience to many of our students.

Can I receive an additional loan for living expenses?

Yes, you can apply for a Federal Graduate Plus Loan at You can request either the maximum amount allowed by your budget OR a lesser specified amount. Be sure to complete the separate MPN and entrance counseling for this loan. The dates of enrollment you should use on the loan application are August to May.