Training and Consultation
In order to use CIC equipment, each user must complete training for each microscope system s/he would like to use. Training includes both theoretical and practical parts.
Please read through the instructions below and email Dr. Harini Sreenivasappa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with requested information to schedule training.
- Schedule training only when you have your samples ready and have time to practice within two weeks of your training. This will help with retention of information given during training and prevents the need for retraining
- Do your laser safety training on BioRAFT and email Dr. Sreenivasappa the copy of the certificate
- Read and sign the attached CIC user agreement [PDF] and CIC COVID user agreement [PDF] email a copy to Dr. Sreenivasappa
- Read paper to understand the fundamentals of confocal imaging. There will be a test before training Image removed by sender. Tutorial: guidance for quantitative confocal
- Go through iLab tutorial and set up your ilab account
- Send your availability 9:30 am - 12:30 pm or 2-5 pm during the week (Monday to Friday) to schedule a hands-on training session
- Send the following information to get you building access
- Full Name
- PI name
- M.S./Ph.D. student
- Graduation date
- Student ID number
- 6 digit number on the back of your card
Dr. Harini Sreenivasappa is available to discuss your project and imaging needs, help troubleshoot sample preparation, optimize your imaging settings, and assist in image processing and analysis.