Cash Reimbursement Procedures
In accordance with the University's Business Travel Expense Policy, reimbursements or advances for travel and local business expenses will be paid via check or direct deposit for employees enrolled in paycheck direct deposit. To be reimbursed for University-related travel and local business expenses, complete the Travel and Local Business Expense Reports described in the policy. The Accounts Payable Office will issue reimbursements within three business days after entering into the Banner financial system. Local taxi fare and parking may be reimbursed in cash.
The maximum amount for a cash reimbursement is $100. Reimbursements greater than $100 must be submitted to Accounts Payable on a Check Request Form [PDF]. To request a cash reimbursement for out-of-pocket University business expenses, including office supplies, postage, books or other expenses, you must:
- Complete a Cash Request Form in its entirety including legible names and titles.
- Attach original receipts for the amount of the reimbursement showing payment by cash, debit card or credit card.
- Provide a valid cost center number including: Fund (6 digits), Organization (4 digits) and Account (4 digits).
- Have your supervisor or departmental administrator, with signing authority for the cost center, authorize your reimbursement by signing the Cash Request Form. Please note that the payee cannot authorize the reimbursement.
- Submit the Cash Request Form to the Cashier's Office in the Office of the Bursar, 1st floor of the Main Building, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Present a valid Drexel University ID card. (The Cashier's Office will verify that the cost center has available budget before disbursing the cash.)
- Sign the form at the Cashier's window to confirm receipt of the reimbursement.
All cash reimbursements are subject to audit by internal and external auditors and the General Accounting staff. Please note that the current procedures for reimbursing departmental petty cash funds will remain in effect.
If you have questions regarding these procedures, please contact General Accounting (215.895.1442, email@example.com).