The Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration program at Drexel University's College of Nursing and Health Professions provides you with the essential knowledge and opportunity to develop the critical competencies required to pursue a management career in health services management or administration. It is designed for those interested in the non-clinical aspects of the health care and services.
Drexel offers Health Services Administration education in the College of Nursing and Health Professions, so you have access to what actually happens in health care. Our Center City Campus allows you to have the opportunity to observe clinical lectures, hear presentations by leading researchers and practitioners, and participate in interprofessional simulated scenarios.
Students in the Health Services Administration Program will take their non-major courses at Drexel's Main Campus west of 30th Street in Philadelphia. Courses in Health Services Administration are offered at the Center City Campus in downtown Philadelphia. Free Drexel University bus transportation is available at 15–20 minute intervals to shuttle students between the two campuses.
You may choose from three tracks including a four-year co-operative education (co-op) track for eligible full-time students. Non–co-op part-time tracks (which may be online) are also available for transfer students. Your co-operative education experience allows you to alternate periods of classroom theory with professional experience prior to graduation.
Drexel also provides an online, as well as in-class, minor in health services administration for Drexel undergraduate students seeking bachelor's degrees in other majors.
What you’ll learn
The Drexel Bachelor of Science in Health Service Administration program provides you with a foundation in general management and economic principles related to health care and services, as well as an understanding of the administrative structure, operations and policies of the health care, services, and related industries. Your co-operative education experience helps you understand how to apply what you are learning while developing the confidence and professionalism attractive to future employers.
What makes the Drexel Bachelor of Health Services Administration program unique?
- Our Faculty members are doctorally prepared educators with deep experience in management roles in managed care, non-profit organizations and physician practice management; longstanding and ongoing experience in hospital and research-based ethics consultations; and full engagement in online learning environments.
- You may choose a learning track that fits your stage of life, education and career
- Cooperative education experiences allow you to apply what you are learning and develop confidence and professionalism before graduation.
- You will develop a career action plan with our faculty based on an initial academic and career assessment that will be enhanced as you progress through your course of study.
- You are part of the Drexel College of Nursing and Health Professions with access to clinical practice environments and interprofessional simulated health care scenarios.
For Entering Freshmen
To review admission prerequisites, visit the Admission Prerequisites page.
To find admissions deadlines, apply online, check out financial aid information, and find the current schedule for open houses, visit the Undergraduate Admissions site.
For the Online Bachelor of Science Degree-Completion in Health Services Administration, please visit the Online Admissions criteria page.
For Online Students
To review admission prerequisites, visit the Online Admission Prerequisites page.
For Transferring Students
To review transfer instructions, visit the Transfer Instructions page.
For International Students
To review transfer instructions, visit the International Instructions page.
Tuition and Fee Rates:
For tuition and fee rates for the on campus program, please visit the Tuition and Fee Rates page on Drexel Central. For tuition and fee rates for the online program, please visit the Drexel Online BS in Health Services Administration page.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has a compliance process that may be required for every student. Some of these steps may take significant time to complete. Please plan accordingly.
Visit the Compliance pages for more information.
The Health Services Administration Program (HSAD) is an affiliate member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration. The Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration Program follows the key competency areas outlined by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership.
Program Level Outcomes
At Drexel University we believe that a well-formulated set of Program Level Outcomes [PLO] that support and are consistent with the institutional mission and goals are the building blocks of an effective assessment program.
to view the College of Nursing and Health Professions Department of Health Services Administration Program Level Outcomes.
Career Opportunities The Bureau of Labor Statistics most recently predicted a 23% growth rate for health service managers and administrators through the year 2022 (BLS.gov 2014).
- Hospital Administration
- Pharmaceutical Corporations
- Health Care Consulting Firms
- Health Marketing Firms- Health Analysis and Policy Firms
- Health Care Advocacy Organizations
- Specialty Health Services Facilities
- Physician Offices/Outpatient Centers
- Managed Care/Insurance Organizations
- Government & Public Health Agencies
- Health Information/Technology Companies
- Nonprofit Health & Social Services Agencies