Alumni Career Champions Series
Thank you for participating in the Alumni Career Champions series! We hope that it helped you sharpen your understanding of professional development and best practices for having career conversations, particularly with students and early-career professionals.
Special thanks to our co-sponsor, the Steinbright Career Development Center and to our program facilitators:
- Malik Anibaba ’18, Roadway Engineer, Parsons Corporation
- Megan Chambers, Cooperative Education Advisor, Steinbright Career Development Center
- Maria Crossan, MS, NCC, Career Counselor for First Year Students, Steinbright Career Development Center
- Nicole Dalberto ’14, Director, Steinbright Career Development Center
- Danielle Schroeder ’17, Elected Director, Alumni Board of Governors
- Amanda Stagg, Career Counselor, Graduating Students and Recent Alumni, Steinbright Career Development Center
- Angela V. Harris ’02, Elected Director, Alumni Board of Governors
- Lauren Villanueva ’04, ’09, Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations
Recordings from each session are archived in Dragon Network. When you are logged into the community, navigate to the “Resources” tab to search the webinar library.
RESOURCES FOR CONTINUED SUCCESS
Below, you will find some resources discussed during the sessions that you can use to support your own professional development, as well as that of fellow Dragons!
- The Steinbright Career Development Center is Drexel’s central resource for career and professional development. If you are speaking with students and/or recent alumni, or find yourself in need of career development support, email@example.com can be your first contact for learning more about or setting up a career counseling or advising session. More information about these resources is available here.
- Steinbright can serve as a point of contact for employers who wish to hire Drexel talent. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities to recruit Drexel talent for co-op or full-time employment. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities. Additional information about the co-op program is available here.
- Drexel Alumni offers a variety of professional development programming, alumni affinity groups and career services support to graduates, many of which are free of charge. Learn more about Alumni Career Services here.
- Dragon Network is the virtual career and professional development community for alumni and students. The community is more than 6,000 members strong, and growing!
- This one-stop shop facilitates career-focused conversations, provides meaningful opportunities to give back and unites Dragons from around the world — one connection at a time. You can connect with members of the community for one-to-one conversations, join group discussions and/or access career development webinars on-demand.
- Handshake is the talent platform at Drexel for you to post non-co-op jobs and internships, register for career fairs, share your recruitment events, and request interview schedules. Drexel’s Handshake is used by undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni, from all Drexel colleges, schools, and majors.
- An overview of the benefits and features of Handshake, including link to set up your own account is available here.
- Learn more about how to recruit Drexel talent using Handshake.
- O-Net Online is a fantastic resource to support career exploration and research industry trends.