Launched in July 2021, Dragon Network’s Virtual Power Lunch series features 15 to 30-minute recorded interviews with alumni that give Dragons a chance to learn more about companies, industries and job functions. Recorded interviews are uploaded to Dragon Network on a monthly basis. Check out the upcoming speakers and submit your questions today.
Who can join Dragon Network?
Drexel’s professional development community is focused on providing a high-quality experience for alumni and students with the goal of facilitating one-on-one conversations that will help you reach your career goals. Faculty and professional staff are also invited to join Dragon Network to offer support and participate in the community, as well.
How can I get the most out of Dragon Network?
- Network with fellow Dragons: Whether you’re looking for career advice or new opportunities, the platform matches you with others with similar professional backgrounds and interests. Start a direct message using one of the suggested templates.
- Access resources: Watch a how-to video to explore benefits and features, add your company to the Business Directory, explore a library of professional development webinars, and more.
- Join a group: Find groups based on region, interest or profession.
- Start a discussion: Dive into the conversation and or start your own on the discussion board.
- Search for job opportunities: Dragon Network pulls new job postings from Handshake, the job search tool offered by the Steinbright Career Development Center.
- Invite your classmates: Use the email tool or referral link to encourage fellow alumni and classmates to join Dragon Network.
How does mentorship in Dragon Network work?
Alumni and students are encouraged to connect and facilitate one-time or continued conversations that inspire and support their career development.
Use the search filters to identify community members that share your interest, send messages, or schedule video chats right through the platform. If you aren't sure how what to say, Dragon Network will provide you with a suggested template to help you get started!
Can I control how often I am willing to be contacted through Dragon Network?
Yes, you can choose who is able to view your profile, whether you wish to be contacted for networking and how many messages or meeting requests you would like to receive each month. To update these settings, click your profile picture in the top right corner when you are logged into Dragon Network. Scroll down, and click “My Preferences”
How do I update my contact information?
When you log into Dragon Network, click on “Profile” in the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Additional Information” to make your edits and save.
What is expected of me when I join?
Show your Drexel pride and be an active participant in the community! Connect with alumni and be sure to respond in a timely manner. Share your expertise and introduce new connections to others in your network. Make sure to complete your profile and visit regularly to find new connections and start conversations with those who share your interests.