Applicants to the MS Program in Biostatistics must possess a baccalaureate degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics and computer science or a scientific area such as natural, biological, medical and environmental sciences. Applicant’s undergraduate training should have included at least two semesters of calculus and at least one semester of linear algebra. Some familiarity with a programming language or a statistical package is desirable, as well as probability and multivariate calculus.
Applicants to the MS in Biostatistics program should have strong GRE Quantitative scores as well coursework in mathematics or a related quantitative or science field.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics and computer science or a scientific area such as natural, biological, medical and environmental sciences.
- at least two semesters of calculus in college.
- at least one semester of linear algebra in college.
- knowledge and experience in computing such as operating system, office software and Internet. Familiarity with a programming language or a statistical package is desirable.
- Priority deadline: March 15th. Applicants who apply by March 15th will be given priority consideration for scholarships.
- Regular decision deadline: August 1st. Applicants will be considered for scholarships should funds remain available.
Applications are continually reviewed.
- Completed application through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Official results from the GRE taken within the last 5 years (code to submit to SOPHAS is 7890)
- Results from the IELTS or TOEFL exam (non-native English speakers only)
- World Education Service evaluation of all foreign transcripts (international applications only)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who can evaluate the applicant’s promise as a graduate student
- Essay describing your educational and career goals