The Admissions Committee holistically reviews applicants to the EMPH program with a particular focus on an applicant’s professional background and career goals as expressed in the resume/CV and personal statement.
Applicants to the Executive MPH program should have a minimum of three years of professional work experience at the time of enrollment, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and experience or clear interest in Public Health. Previous experience in public health or a related setting is preferred, but not required. The Admissions Committee considers a variety of factors when reviewing candidates for admission, such as academic performance, practical experience and the applicant’s decision to pursue a career in public health through close evaluation of the essay and letters of recommendation.
Applications are continually reviewed. Applicants to the Executive MPH Program should apply through the Drexel University Graduate Application.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Official results from the GRE (code 2194), GMAT, LSAT, or MCAT taken within the last 5 years - This requirement may be waived for applicants who meet the requirements below
- Results from the IELTS or TOEFL exam (non-native English speakers only)
- World Education Service evaluation of all foreign transcripts
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – should come from faculty, employer or professional sources
- Essay discussing your interests in public health and how an MPH will allow you to achieve your professional goals
Standardized Test Waiver
The standardized test requirement can be waived under one of the following circumstances:
- Applicant possesses a master's or first professional degree (MD, DO, PhD, JD, etc.) from an accredited college or university
- Applicant obtained a grade of B or better in an undergraduate or graduate course in one of the following: Pre-calculus, Calculus, Algebra, Statistics, or an equivalent such as completion of the School of Public Health's Certificate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Applicant has professional and educational experiences demonstrating quantitative skills and aptitude.
Eligibility of the waiver under options 1 or 2 will be verified upon receipt of the applicant's official transcripts.
Applicants interested in waving the standardized test requirement under option 3 should submit a brief statement for consideration along with their resume to:
Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks if the waiver has been granted.