University City 5K Run
The Annual University City 5K, formerly known as the Pipino Run, was founded by the Nicholas P. Pipino Memorial Foundation. The Foundation was created by family, friends, and volunteers seeking to stop senseless acts of violence and to preserve their fond memories of Nick Pipino.
Nick was a Drexel University student who was fatally stabbed outside Cavanaugh's Restaurant & Bar on December 19, 1992, where he worked part-time as a bartender while pursuing an undergraduate degree at Drexel. In keeping with Nick's love for the outdoors, the run has been organized since 1993 as a way to make something positive come out of Nick's untimely death.
The Foundation partnered with Drexel University to create scholarship opportunities that enable young individuals to obtain an education without the demands of part-time employment and allows students to focus on their education. The Nicholas P. Pipino Memorial Scholarship provides financial assistance and a quality education to enthusiastic Drexel students who are eager to meet the realistic demands of the professional world.
For the past 30 years, proceeds from the University City 5K have directly supported the Nicholas P. Pipino Memorial Scholarship at Drexel University. Each year, participants of all levels take to the streets to run or walk this 5K.
The race for the 2021-2022 academic year will be held on May 22, 2022 at 7 a.m. Check back soon for registration information and more details.
- Twenty-ninth University City 5K Run
- Twenty-eighth University City 5K Run
- Twenty-seventh University City 5K Run
Fall 2018 Results
- Twenty-sixth University City 5K Run
Spring 2018 Results
- Twenty-fifth University City 5K Run
- Twenty-fourth University City 5K Run
- Twenty-third University City 5K Run
- Twenty-second University City 5K Run
- Twenty-first University City 5K Run
- Twentieth University City 5K Run
- Nineteenth University City 5K Run
- Eighteenth University City 5K Run