For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Hiring of Foreign Faculty and Staff

Policy Statement

Any department wishing to hire foreign faculty or staff should contact the International Students and Scholars Office (extension 2502) before making an offer of employment to be sure that the proposed employment is feasible under US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) regulations. Departments should be aware that hiring foreign faculty and staff on an H-1B visa takes several months. The ISSS website describes the process for hiring foreign faculty and staff.