Submit a Pre-Conference Workshop Proposal for the 2021 Drexel Assessment Conference
The 2021 Conference Will Be Held Online
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Happy New Year! It hardly seems possible that we are well on the way to planning for the 8th Drexel University Assessment Conference in 2021. In 2020, due to the pandemic, we were successfully able to move the conference online, which allowed us to offer a fantastic program to 320+ attendees including many Drexel staff and faculty. Because of the uncertainty of this year, the Conference Committee has decided to keep the conference online for 2021.
We feel that this will benefit the conference in the following ways:
- It will allow us to, once again, offer the conference for free for Drexel staff and faculty.
- We will be able to improve on the platform, accessibility and resources surrounding the conference to provide a better user experience
- It will provide the safest and most comfortable atmosphere
The Pre-Conference Proposal Period is Now Open
Part of our planning involves developing the pre-conference workshop menu. We invite any interested faculty and staff to submit a proposal for a three-hour, pre-conference workshop! These pre-conference workshops will be held the morning of Wednesday, September 8, 2021, before the opening conference plenary.
For more information on the pre-conference proposals, please visit our website.
- These workshops are offered as an optional service to conference attendees and are separately priced.
- All pre-conference workshops begin at 9:00 AM on Wednesday and conclude by noon.
- If you are selected as a pre-conference presenter, we will provide you with two free conference registrations.
- You will also be featured separately in our conference guidebook and on our website.
- All pre-conference workshop submissions must be received by February 5, 2021.
- Decisions on pre-conference workshop proposals will be made by February 12, 2021.
Here are some general themes to guide your thoughts and reflection as you consider your submission:
- Pandemic Challenges in Higher Education Assessment
- Diversity, Equity,, and Inclusion
- Institutional Change and Assessment
- Compliance v. Continuous Improvement
Please note that this communication focuses solely on the 3-hour pre-conference and Wednesday morning workshops; it does not include the regular concurrent sessions. Details on proposal submissions for those sessions will be available later in March 2021.
We are interested in receiving pre-conference proposals for interesting and unique sessions that will engage the audience. So put on your thinking caps, reflect on potential topics of interest and submit your pre-conference ideas. If you have any questions, please reach out to Manny Sanchez, manager of operations, email@example.com.
The Drexel Assessment Conference Planning Committee
Executive Director of Assessment & Accreditation, Office of the Provost
Director of Operations, Office of the Provost