Drexel University's Supplier Diversity Initiative broadens Drexel's pool of suppliers by developing business relationships with minority, women, veteran, service-disabled, LGBT and small businesses. Drexel is committed to retaining business with diverse suppliers to foster economic impact within local Philadelphia communities.
Effective outreach and communication are key to developing strong partnerships between the University and its suppliers. The Drexel community is expected to support these efforts through contracts awarded to qualified diverse and local businesses.
Procurement Services promotes and supports this initiative by:
- Executing and maintaining a formal sustainable Supplier Diversity Program with dedicated professional staff.
- Advocating the inclusion of qualified diverse suppliers.
- Ensuring that diverse suppliers are considered for University RFPs.
- Communicating Drexel's purchasing plans to suppliers and local organizations.
- Requiring top suppliers to report Drexel Tier 2 Direct and Indirect Spend.
- Providing a simple, managed supplier registration process with internal tracking and reporting.
- Conducting supplier information opportunities and trade shows, as well as community business exchanges.
- Leading formal demonstrations of Drexel's eProcurement technology and discussions around "Doing Business with Drexel University".
The Supplier Diversity Program will provide diverse and local community businesses with the opportunity to develop an identifiable presence throughout the University.
Please review the following webpages for more information about the Supplier Diversity Program.