Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The Legacy Center is open for onsite use and users are able to schedule in-person visits. Please contact us via email at CoM_Archives@drexel.edu with any questions or to schedule a visit. More information can be found on the Drexel University Coronavirus website.
The Legacy Center is open to all, by appointment during regular business hours, or by phone and email.
Collection descriptions and digital collections allow for independent, virtual research and we also encourage you to contact us to discuss how we can support your research.
In order to protect the materials, researchers agree to abide by the following policies while visiting the archives:
- Eating or drinking is not permitted in the Archives reading rooms.
- Archives material cannot be removed from their respective locations.
- Exceptions may be made by the Archivist for individuals who require material from the Archives in order to conduct University business.
- Archivists may restrict or deny patrons use of any material that is not arranged, is in the process of being arranged, or is exceptionally valuable or fragile.
- Users must handle Archives material with care.
- Material from the Archives may be used only in the reading room (unless the Archivist gives explicit permission for materials to be used elsewhere.)
- The reading room is for the use of Archives patrons only.
- Photocopying is performed by Archives staff. Scanning services are available. Please see Services, Use and Reproduction for reproduction and usage fees.
The Legacy Center reserves the right to refuse permission to digitize or photocopy any material if, in the opinion of the archives staff, the reproduction process might damage the original.
There is no fee for research done on the premises. See Services, Use and Reproduction for research requests requiring services of Archives' staff.
See the Collections page for further description. Access to specific collections is occasionally restricted, according to donors' wishes.
Researchers may obtain digital files or photocopies for a variety of purposes at reasonable rates. Please see schedule of Use/Reproduction fees. Researchers are advised to comply with US copyright law concerning the publication of copies, texts and images.