Addressing Hunger and Food Insecurity Among College Students
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
While the holiday season puts a spotlight on the issues of hunger and food insecurity, many college students face these challenges year-round. During this virtual panel discussion, experts will explore the factors that perpetuate hunger and food insecurity among college students as well as innovative strategies that universities like Drexel are implementing to combat these national issues.
- Maurice Cottman, Director, Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Drexel University
- Evan Ehlers ’19, Founder and Executive Director, Sharing Excess
- Tonii Hicks ’21 (Moderator), Culinary Director, People’s Kitchen and Program Director, Careers Through Culinary Arts (CCAP)
- Madeline Rockett ’23, President, Drexel Urban Growers, Drexel University
- Natalie Shaak '15, Operations Manager, Center for Hunger-Free Communities
Following the discussion, attendees will receive a curated list of ways they can support these issues including resources, organizations and conversation starters.