Mimi Sheller Publishes “Mobility Justice: The Politics of Movement in an Age of Extremes”
December 3, 2018
In 2018 Sheller published her ninth book, “Mobility Justice: The Politics of Movement in an Age of Extremes” (Verso, 2018). https://www.versobooks.com/books/2901-mobility-justice
Selected talks based on the book:
- Keynote address: Urban Studies Foundation Workshop on ‘Infrastructural Futures Across Cities of the Global North,’ University of Manchester, UK, September 2019
- Invited Talk: ‘Mobility Justice’ for AIANY Symposium on Mobility + Social Agency: Embedding Equity in Mobile Systems, New York, NY, March 2019
- Invited Talk: “Future of Mobility”, Workshop on Societal Impacts of Mobility as a Service, organized by the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, U.S. Department of Transportation, Rikswaterstaat & the Royal Netherlands Embassy, Washington, D.C., January 2019
- Keynote Address: ‘American Im/Mobilities and Movements for Mobility Justice’ at the Austrian Association of American Studies, Vienna, November 2018.
- Keynote Address: ‘What is Mobility Justice?’ at the Swiss Mobility Conference, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, November 2018.
- Invited Panelist: ‘Personal Mobility, Mobility Futures and Mobility Justice’, The Architecture League, Ground Transportation & Climate Change Conference, New York, November 2018.
- Keynote Address: ‘Mobility Justice and the Mobile Commons’, Society of Italian Urbanists Annual Conference, University of Florence, Italy, June 2018
- Keynote Address: ‘Moving Towards Mobility Justice’, Australian Sociological Association, TASA Conference 2017: Belonging in a Mobile World, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, November 2017
- Keynote Address: ‘Philadelphia Mobility’, Movimento Forum, Communities in Motion/GVF, Philadelphia, PA, May 2017
- Invited Lecture: ‘Infrastructural Justice’, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, MA, April 2017
- Invited Public Lecture: ‘Mobility Justice’, FASS Dean’s Speaker Series and Dept. of Urban Studies, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, CA, March 2017
- Invited Lecture: ‘Uneven Mobility Futures: Inequality, Justice and Power, Center for Humanities Speaker Series, Grinnell College, IA, March 2017
- ‘Towards a Multi-Scalar Theory of Mobility Justice’, panel on Mobility Justice, American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting, San Francisco, March 2016