Graduate Certificate in Educational Policy
Drexel University School of Education
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Policy program was created from the belief that educational leaders should possess a sophisticated understanding of the principles, laws and rules that guide education systems. This includes the process by which policies are created, the impact they can have on educational institutions, and the complex factors that influence the shaping of policy.
This graduate certificate program is ideal for students who are interested in educational policy and its relation to educational leadership, both in the U.S. and internationally.
Education Policy Program Evaluation
Areas of emphasis include, but are not limited to, the relationship between U.S. education and the nation's economic competitiveness and prosperity; state, local, and school district policy-making; evolving models of K-12 education; urban education; preparation of students for post-secondary opportunities; and life-long learning.
What Can a Graduate Certificate in Educational Policy Do For You?
The Educational Policy Certificate program is an excellent opportunity for:
- Students interested in pursuing a career in educational policy
- Those working in the field of educational policy who strive to maximize their effectiveness in their roles
- Individuals who want to learn more about educational policy and the processes that drive it
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in Educational Policy?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
- Number of Credits to Completion: 18.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog.
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in Educational Policy?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in Educational Policy?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Aid eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in Educational Policy?
The Certificate in Educational Policy program is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online Application.