Multisensory Reading Instruction Level 1 (Wilson® Certification)
Drexel University School of Education
Drexel University School of Education's Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction prepares teachers and tutors to educate students who are reading below grade level or have been diagnosed with a language or reading disability.
What Can Drexel's Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction Do For You?
The graduate certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction provides the courses and training hours needed for Wilson® Language Level 1 certification. Students who complete this certificate would become eligible to be certified Wilson® Language Level 1 instructors by the Wilson® Language Corporation.
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction?
- Instructional Delivery: Campus, Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
- Number of Credits to Completion: 12.0
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel University Course Catalog.
The certificate is offered as a stand-alone professional development certificate, as a concentration in the MS in Special Education program, or as a customized concentration in the MS in Teaching Learning and Curriculum: Advanced Studies Track.
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing the Multisensory Reading Instruction program. Please indicate if you hold any state teacher certifications (e.g. Secondary Mathematics; PreK-4; Elementary K-6, etc.)
- Additional requirements for International Students
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Aid eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction?
The Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction program is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online application.
For more information about this program, contact:
Dr. Lori Severino
Assistant Clinical Professor
Special Education Programs