Temporary Transportation Assistance
Drexel University provides limited transportation services to University students, faculty and staff with mobility disabilities. This service is available free of charge Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Temporary Transportation Assistance Guidelines
- Authorization for the use of temporary transportation assistance must be obtained from the Office of Disability Resources at 215.895.1401.
- Only Drexel University students, faculty and staff with permanent or temporary mobility disabilities are permitted to use temporary transportation assistance.
- Users will be transported to and from locations within the Drexel University Shuttle service boundaries. Service will not be provided from one non-University building to another.
- This service is a privilege, not a right. Service may be refused to anyone found to be abusing this service.
Procedures for Medical Transport
- To register, please call 215.895.1401 or visit the Office of Disability Resources at 3201 Arch Street, Room 210, Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, the reason you need transportation assistance, and the approximate length of time you will need assistance.
- Once you have made the initial contact, you will be asked to provide written documentation from a physician to support your request.
- After you have been registered and authorized to use the service, requests for service should be made directly to Transportation Services by either emailing email@example.com, or calling (215) 895-1700 at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance. You will be requested to provide a weekly schedule and adhere to it. Requests for service are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Users should be very specific about their pickup location and be at the arranged location at the scheduled time. The driver will wait only three (3) minutes beyond the time he/she arrives at the pickup location.
- Users are permitted a maximum of four (4) rides per day. These trips are to and from campus only, not between university buildings. All "no shows" and short notice cancellations will be included in the daily count.
All medical questions, inquiries about authorization, and related concerns regarding access to temporary transportation assistance should be directed to the Office of Disability Resources, 3201 Arch Street, Suite 210, 215.895.1401, email firstname.lastname@example.org.