Patient-care is a uniquely hazardous occupation. Clinical personal confront potential exposure to infectious diseases, chemical, physical, and radiological hazards. The safety of clinical personnel is of paramount importance to EH&S, which manages and responds to all issues and concerns that involves chemical, biological, radioactive, and physical hazards. EH&S works closely with other university departments to provide essential support to clinical personnel in an effort to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and to create a safe working environment.
EH&S provides the following services to the clinical practice locations:
- Chemical safety information and assistance.
- Biological safety information and assistance.
- Laser safety information and assistance.
- Exposure monitoring.
- Spill response.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Clinical Practice inspections.
- Technical assistance regarding the proper selection of personal protection equipment.
Please contact EH&S if you have any questions or concerns.