The Drexel Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) BSN Option is an intensive nursing program for students who already have bachelors or graduate degrees.
Drexel offers two ACE BSN program options to meet your needs. The ACE BSN program options are designed for the adult learner interested in changing careers and earning a new degree in a condensed timeline. ACE BSN provides intensive immersion in nursing science as well as facilitated entrance into nursing practice. Our nationally recognized reputation is a result of our pass rate of 97-100% on the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX), expansive clinical affiliations, innovative curriculum, and the repute of our faculty.
This program prepares you to take an entry-level position as a registered nurse in several types of settings including hospitals, out-patient clinics and offices, or insurance and pharmaceutical companies. The majority of students take positions in hospital settings in units such as medical, surgical, critical care, emergency room, obstetrics, pediatrics, oncology, psychiatric, and gerontological units.
Drexel offers two schedule Accelerated Nursing BS program options to meet your needs:
ACE-BSN 11-month Daytime and Afternoon Option
ACE-BSN 11-month is a full-time nursing program for individuals that can commit to class and related course activity during the day 5 days a week. The intensive course of study provides students the opportunity to fast-track their nursing career in four consecutive ten-week terms -- less than a year.
- Weekday, evening, and/or Saturday classes and clinical may be required. The majority of classes are held on campus.
ACE 24-month Evening and Weekend Option
ACE-BSN 24-month is a nursing program for individuals that can commit to class and related course activity during the evenings and weekends. The combination of its on-line and in class structure provides flexibility as well as face-to-face connections with faculty and other students. Students progress through as a cohort and complete the program in eight consecutive ten-week terms - - less than two years.
- Evening, every other Saturday and Sunday classes and clinical are required. Classes are held online and on campus. Students may not switch from 24-month to 11-month program.
- Bachelor's degree in another discipline.
- English: 3 semester credits.
- Chemistry with lab: 4 semester credits.
- Developmental psychology: 3 semester credits.
- Anatomy with lab*: 4 semester credits.
- Physiology with lab*: 4 semester credits.
- Microbiology with lab*: 4 semester credits.
- Human Nutrition: 3 semester credits.
- Statistics: 3 semester credits
* Prerequisites for ACE-BSN 11 month and ACE-BSN 24 month are the same. We do not waive or substitute prerequisite courses. Anatomy, physiology, and microbiology must be taken within five years prior to enrollment in ACE Program.
What you'll learn
Graduates of ACE BSN emerge with a set of skills that will serve them well in their chosen profession. Our graduates:
- Utilize the growing compendium of knowledge and information sources from nursing and other disciplines to learn, teach, heal the sick, and conserve health;
- Contribute to the profession by sharing knowledge and skills with clients, peers, and other professionals in a variety of methods;
- Utilize multiple technologies that access and manage information to guide professional practice;
- Participate in culturally sensitive health promotion activities that contribute to the community’s health and wellness;
- Participate in ongoing educational activities related to personal growth, professional practice, and community service;
- Apply knowledge and skills appropriate to their selected areas of career clinical practice;
- Develop personal potential for leadership in a changing health care environment;
- Integrate ethical concepts and principles, The Code of Ethics for Nurses, and professional standards into practice within professional, academic, and community settings;
- Utilize critical-thinking skills to improve the health outcomes of patients, families, and communities across the continuum of care.
What makes the ACE BSN program unique?
- A National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) pass rate of 97-100%.
- Convenient, accelerated format ideal for working professionals.
- You are part of the Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions with access to clinical practice environments and simulated health care scenarios.
For your application to be considered, we require an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 from your previous degree (or 3.0 in last 60 credits completed; this can include prerequisite courses taken after you received your other bachelor's degree). Students must take prerequisite courses before matriculating in Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) Program.
The university grants advanced credit for courses completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities. We also may grant credit for courses from colleges that are recognized candidates for accreditation (according to
Association of College and Schools/Commission on Higher Education
The prerequisite courses, below, must be completed by August 1 for fall entrance and January 15 for spring entrance. Applicants with a greater number of prerequisites completed will be considered more competitive this must (including at least one science prerequisite). Transcripts are not evaluated until you are accepted as an ACE student. You must earn a grade of "C" or higher for credits to transfer.
You may take prerequisite courses at any regionally accredited university or community college. Online courses can be accepted if through a regionally accredited college or university.
- Bachelor’s degree in another discipline
- English: 3 semester credits
- General Chemistry with Lab: 4 semester credits (Science or Allied Health Majors)
- Developmental psychology: 3 semester credits
- Anatomy with lab*: 4 semester credits
- Physiology with lab*: 4 semester credits
- Microbiology with lab*: 4 semester credits
- Human nutrition: 3 semester credits
- Statistics: 3 semester credits
*Anatomy, physiology, and microbiology must be taken within five years prior to enrollment in ACE Program. Three of the four required sciences must be completed.
Note: We do not waive or substitute courses.
To find admissions deadlines, apply online, check out financial aid information, and find the current schedule for open houses, visit the Undergraduate Admissions site.
For Transferring Students
To review transfer instructions, visit the Transfer Instructions page.
For International Students
To review transfer instructions, visit the International Instructions page.
Technical Standards for Admission, Academic Progression, and Graduation can be found here.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has a compliance process that may be required for every student. Some of these steps may take significant time to complete. Please plan accordingly.
Visit the Compliance pages for more information.
Academically excellent students in Drexel University's BSN Co-op or Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) programs may be eligible for the MSN Early Assurance Program, an accelerated pathway to select MSN programs.
This program permits students entering the final year of Drexel's BSNCo-op Program, or entering the fourth quarter of the ACE Program, to apply for admission to select MSN Programs and have their places reserved in our highly competitive advanced practice and advanced nursing tracks. Accepted students can take core MSN courses immediately after graduation and licensure. After completing the necessary hours or years of experience as registered nurses, they can enter the clinical or practicum sequence in the MSN specialty track.
Nursing BSN co-op students may apply for early assurance at the start of the senior year. Nursing Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) students should apply for early assurance at the beginning of their fourth quarter.
For early assurance availability and admission requirements, please ask the contact person for your MSN track of interest. They will be listed in the right column contact box on the program page under Academics.