To be eligible for the SuperNova Program, you must:
- Have completed STAR/iSTAR OR two terms of active research (full-time or part-time, defined as 10+ hours per week)
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA*
* Special consideration will be given to students who do not meet this GPA requirement but otherwise present a strong application
The 2023 SuperNova application is now open. Applications are due by 5:00pm on Monday, July 17, 2023.
The online application requests demographic and academic information about applicants, as well as the following supporting documentation:
- Three short answer questions:
- Reflect on your first exposure to undergraduate research. Tell us about what you studied, and explain what you enjoyed about this work and what you found challenging about the experience.
- How did this initial exposure to research lead you to further opportunities, including applying to the SuperNova Undergraduate Research Fellows Program?
- What are your academic and professional goals? How do you see research contributing to achieving those goals?
- A statement of research/creative interests
- A CV/resume
- A letter of reference: We ask that you provide a letter of reference from at least one faculty member or principal investigator who can speak to your work and motivation as an undergraduate researcher. You will be able to request up to five letters of reference, but we require at least one. All recommendations should be submitted via the application portal.