The application is now open. Apply online here by October 7th.
The Aspire Scholars program is designed to provide promising, curious, and motivated Drexel undergraduates an opportunity to further develop and clarify their goals, within a small community of peers and with guidance from faculty, staff, and alumni.
Scholars attend monthly group meetings to develop mentoring goals, craft strategies for identifying and building successful mentoring relationships, and reflect on professional and career development plans. Additional monthly events include independent activities and discussions with invited guests. Through small group meetings and individual advising, Scholars gain the tools and opportunities to clarify professional goals, engage more deeply on and off campus, and gain confidence in their abilities to build deeper personal and professional relationships.
- Opportunities to connect with successful alumni
- Individual advising and guidance for academic enrichment and post-graduate opportunities (jobs, fellowships, and graduate school, etc.)
- Enrichment funds of up to $1,000 for participation in academic + professional development opportunities
- Invitation to special events and lunches with prominent guests
- Recognition and membership in a selective cohort of peers
- Invitation to continue in the program as peer mentors during their remaining years at Drexel.
Scholars are expected to:
- Participate in all program meetings and activities
- Submit quarterly reflections or updates on program-related activities
- Participate in an approved professional development activity
- Present brief summary of program activities at the end of the program
Who is it for?
- Year: Sophomores as of Fall 2019
- GPA: 3.3 or higher
- College or Major: any departmental major
- Evidence of commitment to and engagement in areas of interest
- Desire to clarify and take steps toward realizing longer-term goals
- Intellectual curiosity, thoughtfulness, and openness to new ideas
*First generation college students are encouraged to apply.
Step 1. Nomination (optional)
To apply for the program, you may be nominated by a Drexel faculty or staff member. Faculty and staff can nominate students to apply through this nomination form. In addition, students may nominate themselves in order to be notified when the application opens. Nomination deadline: August 15
Step 2. Submit an Application for Consideration (required) Application now open! Deadline: Monday, October 7, 2019.
All students must submit a brief application to be considered for the program. The application includes basic student information and short questions about your goals, interests, and activities.
Step 3. Campus Interview
A select group of students will be invited to interview as finalists in October. Individual interviews will take place on campus with a small panel of staff and faculty. Up to 15 Scholars will be invited to be a part of the program, which will start in November.